Russell Grant to play in Bucks before panto
Russell Grant fans will not have to wait until December to see him perform at a Bucks theatre.
The celebrity astronomer, who is appearing in this year’s panto at Aylesbury Waterside, will be taking part in next month’s Grease The Musical at Wycombe Swan.
Grant will be playing Teen Angel in the hit musical.
The show is choreographed by Arlene Phillips, who is known for creating the moves behind many stage and TV shows and for being a judge on Strictly Come Dancing until 2008.
She said: “It’s wonderful to go to work with a smile on your face and nobody makes me smile more than Russell.
“For Teen Angel, I’ve created a typical over the top Russell style dance routine, mixing samba and tango with Hollywood glamour – nothing will stop Russell reaching for the stars.”
Grant, who appeared in the 2011 series of Strictly where he was famously fired from a cannon, said: “Arlene is my dance sister.
“She brought out the very best in me working on The Wizard Oz and even had me dancing my first Charleston.
“So when she said I was right for Teen Angel and, if I took the part, she’d create the choreography – how could I resist?
“Now Teen Angel has a Strictly twist and shimmy – which captures the joy of dance I’ve been lucky enough to have discovered. ”
Earlier this year, Grant revealed he turned down a number of roles at theatres across the UK to star in December’s panto at Aylesbury Waterside Theatre – citing the show’s producers First Family Entertainment as one of the reasons for his decision.
Grant, whose parents used to work in the county at Pinewood movie studios, also said he had fond memories of shopping in Aylesbury when he was growing up.
Grease The Musical will be performed at Wycombe Swan Theatre on Monday October 22.
For more details visit www.wycombeswan.co.uk
- Revealed: Map showing flightpaths if new airport is built in Vale
- Aylesbury man charged with trying to incite child under 16 into sexual activity
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- Pub makeover (combined with a subtle name change) aims to repair reputation
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
- Mistreated dog found nearly twice healthy weight is put to sleep
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North